What do we do?
Hertford Museum offers guided tours and workshops to enable pupils to experience history first hand with our unique handling resources. We offer a range of themes, delivered both at the museum or at the school. Our wide range of hands-on engaging workshops help you and your students explore key themes in the history, science and geography topics of the National Curriculum.
How much does it cost?
Sessions at Hertford Museum ( max. 30 children )
– Postcodes SG13 & SG14 – £55
– All other postcodes – £85
Sessions at your school: 2 x sessions ( max. 35 children per session )
– Postcodes SG13 & SG14 – £130
– All other postcodes – £180 (Plus mileage at £0.45 per mile, outside of a 20 mile radius from the museum)
The session was an excellent introduction to life of Victorian children in Hertford and will be useful to refer back to as we delve further into the subject.
– Year 5 teacher, Wheatcroft Primary School, Hertford
The children now understand more about WWI and what life might have been like.
– Year 6 teacher, St Margaret Clitherow RC Primary School, Stevenage
The children were very excited to see the artefacts and the discussions about archaeologists and archaeology will promote a love of history even more to them.
– Year 3 teacher, Oakthorpe Primary School
My pupils were most enthusiastic about handling real life objects. The session has inspired them to think more deeply about the topic of WWI.
– Year 6 teacher, Cranborne Primary School