What do we do?
Hertford Museum offers guided tours and workshops to enable pupils to experience history first hand with our unique handling resources. We offer a range of themes, delivered both at the museum or at the school. Our wide range of hands-on engaging workshops help you and your students explore key themes in the history, science and geography topics of the National Curriculum.
How much does it cost?
From 1st April 2022 – Sessions at Hertford Museum ( max. 30 children )
– Postcodes SG13 & SG14 – £60
– All other postcodes – £90
Sessions at your school: 2 x sessions ( max. 35 children per session )
– Postcodes SG13 & SG14 – £140
– All other postcodes – £190 (Plus mileage at £0.45 per mile, outside of a 20 mile radius from the museum)
River Town workshops are individually priced as follows: ( max. 30 children per session )
– Postcodes SG13 & SG14 – £150
– All other postcodes – £190
The session was an excellent introduction to life of Victorian children in Hertford and will be useful to refer back to as we delve further into the subject.
– Year 5 teacher, Wheatcroft Primary School, Hertford
The children now understand more about WWI and what life might have been like.
– Year 6 teacher, St Margaret Clitherow RC Primary School, Stevenage
The children were very excited to see the artefacts and the discussions about archaeologists and archaeology will promote a love of history even more to them.
– Year 3 teacher, Oakthorpe Primary School
My pupils were most enthusiastic about handling real life objects. The session has inspired them to think more deeply about the topic of WWI.
– Year 6 teacher, Cranborne Primary School